Brushes are the tools we use to create our makeup looks so cleaning them is most defiantly an important step. If you do not clean your brushes it will create build up on the brushes and results in an uneven application. Brushes tend to collect oil, dirt and bacteria and in turn can cause breakouts! Continue reading to find out when and how you should clean your brushes!
It is important to clean your brushes once a week! That’s right once a week! We typically apply or makeup everyday so to ensure a flawless application we need to clean our tools every week!
For cleaning your brushes you want to use some kind of a brush shampoo or even baby shampoo that is gentle on your bristles but gives a thorough clean. You can find the product we used at http://www.mannakadarcosmetics.com.
The cleaning process is not difficult at all! Just a few steps and your all done!
1. Rinse brushes through warm water
2. Apply Manna Kadar’s “Green Tea Facial Cleanser” to bristles of brushes (would suggest to clean them all separately so they all get a good clean)
3. Rub your fingers through the bristles to remove any product out of the brush
4. Rinse off the brush
5. Repeat the last steps until the water comes out clear and there is nothing coming out of the bristles
6. Let brushes dry flat on a towel (give them a couple hours until your next use)
Now that you know the protocol for cleaning your makeup brushes it is time to get to it!